Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Can or should?



"Just because you can, does not mean that you should".

I read this today in 'Edge', the monthly magazine for the Institute of Leadership and Management. The quotation refers to good bosses being able to delegate but it got me thinking...

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can, when in fact I would do better to delegate them to someone else?

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can, when in fact I would do better to schedule them to a more appropriate time?

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can, when in fact it would not matter if they were not done at all?

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can and because I don't trust others to do them in the same way as I would?

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can, without realising that they are detrimental to my (mental) health?

How many things in a day (or a week or a month...) do I do because I can - and because I should?

No comments: